Monday, February 12, 2018

La Azteca Tortilleria - Los Angeles, CA (Maravilla)


Work wife and I were in the area and she really wanted a burrito. After some searching around, we decided to try La Azteca Tortilleria's famous chile relleno burrito!



Supposedly they made their own tortilla here and I was excited to see it in the open kitchen. The restaurant was very small without a lot of place to sit. To go order seemed like a way to go here. We were lucky and didn't wait for too long to find a table to sit, but the food took awhile before it came out.



I ordered chile relleno burrito with asada, a carnita taco, and a chicharron taco. Pretty good price for a lot of food.



Carnita and chicharron tacos came with house made hot sauce. It was pretty spicy but very needed for the tacos since the tacos were bland. Carnita was cooked well but lacked on flavors. Chicharron was crunchy and tasty, but not easy to eat with the taco due to the small cuts. The tortilla was good though. I am glad I tried it but probably won't order again.

Chicharron taco

Carnita taco

The burrito was a beast. It had a lot of stuff inside and it was tasty. The only issue was the asada. Everytime after I took a bite, the strip of meat would come out and it was very hard to chew through since they were mostly tendons. I actually believe my experience would be better if I have ordered a different meat.




Overall experience was whatever. The burrito was good but didn't worth the wait. Later I found out the chicharron could be purchased by itself, I wish I have done that instead of the tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment