Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Billingsley’s - Los Angeles, CA (West Los Angeles)


I have been craving for prime rib and saw Billingsley's had decent priced prime rib during lunch time. Even though it was a little out of the way, I made it there to get my fix.


The restaurant was located under a freeway with a parking lot, so parking was easy. The restaurant had an old school feel with dimmed lights. I am guessing it was probably a fancy spot 30 years ago, but a bit outdated now.



Since I was here for prime rib, I didn't look further on the menu and ordered my prime rib medium rare.



The meal came with toasted bread and salad, that was nice. The prime rib was actually not good at all since my medium rare somehow came out well done. I tried to eat it but I was just not happy. So I tried to find the server to address the issue but she was no where to be found for a very long time, so I had to bother the bartender. The bartender was cool, she took a look and sent it back to the kitchen right away.



How is this medium rare?

The new one had more pink spot but not much improvement since they were from the same chunk. One of the horseradish was also missing from the plate. At this point, I just wanted to finish eating so I can move on with my day. Sigh...


Overall I wasn't that impressed with the meat quality or the service. Not worth the visit, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment