Monday, February 26, 2018

The Mighty - Los Angeles, CA (DTLA)


Slave girl told me about The Mighty and wanted to try it. I was in the area and decided to have a quickie... lunch date with her there.





I was a little surprised by the restaurant operation because it was... how you call it... counter fusion! (Oh snap, did I just create a term?) First, we ordered our food at the counter, then we got a number and seated ourselves. Once we found a table, the server would come over to give us water like a normal sit down restaurant, they also delivered the food to our table and cleaned it afterwords. Personally I don't like this style at all since they want us to pay the bill and tips first at the counter. How do I tip if I haven't received the service yet?





We wanted to try as many items on the menu as possible since we didn't know when the next time would be, so we got butter lettuce and rotisserie chicken salad, pappardelle pasta, and Mary's rotisserie chicken.


The salad came with butter lettuce, rotisserie chicken chunks, dates, radicchio, roasted hazelnut, blue cheese, with sherry vinaigrette. It looked beautiful and tasted marvelous. Everything worked out on that plate. The portion was great for lunch salad. I would recommend this for sure.


Pappardelle pasta used bolognese sauce covered with shredded parmesan cheese. The pasta was thin and the sauce was tasty. A solid dish.


The rotisserie chicken on the other hand was nasty. It was somewhat bland and I am pretty sure it was under cooked. The chicken was hard to tear apart and the closer it got to the bone, the more blood I saw. Based on the color of the tendons, it was raw... If you don't believe me, feel free to order one yourself, but it will be a completely waste of money.



Overall, the price point was high, the service was whatever, and the food was very inconsistent. If we only ordered the salad and the pasta, this meal would have been amazing. It was too bad we just had to order that famous rotisserie chicken. I was so grossed out even their best salad can't bring me back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment