Thursday, February 1, 2018

Running Goose - Los Angeles, CA (Hollywood)


I have been to Running Goose before with slave girl and we were impressed with the food and the service. Since I was in the area with work bros, I thought it would be cool to show them this place during lunch time.



The restaurant didn't have a full house but definitely had a lot of people inside already. We got lucky and got seated right away. Sadly, the service wasn't as good as my previous visit. Our water were not attended, I asked for salt and it never came, also my order came out wrong and the server lied to me about it. Basically, he brought over the carrot tostada which was not what I ordered. He told me it was actually for the other table and I watched him taking it back into the kitchen. Seriously, it would have been fine if I was told a mistake happened and maybe took the item off the bill. It would be a plus if they left the wrong item with me as a comp, but none of that happened. It was like my time wasn't worth anything there. Anyways.


After looking through the menu, I decided to go half with work bro. We got the smoked pork and salmon belly sandwiches. I also got arugula and corn tostadas.


The salmon belly was packed with chicano rub, red cabbage kimchi, tomatillos, jalapeno, sunflower aioli in between brioche buns. It was very tasty and the salmon was well seasoned. I would highly recommend this.


The smoked pork had banana peppers, burrata, parm, and feta with sourdoughs. It had a nice flavor but lacking on the texture. The sourdough was a little soggy not sure if it was caused by the grease or just sitting out for too long. I wasn't too satisfied with the sandwich after.


The tostadas were crunchy and good as always. All their tostadas were veggie based and surprisingly flavorful. I just wished it was out before my sandwich came out since they were supposed to be appetizers.

Arugula tostada

Corn tostada

Overall, I still think the food was still impressive, but maybe they should hire someone that actually cares. Perhaps it would be improved at my future visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment