Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Manna Korean BBQ - Los Angeles, CA (Little Tokyo)


Slave girl and I were meeting a friend for AYCE Korean BBQ, but no one really knew where to go. Then slave girl remembered Mana. I, on the fail side, never noticed Mana even though I was up there for sushi before. Ok, let's go.




Parking was easy since the parking structure was free for 3 hours with restaurant validation. If you parked on level 4, you can just walk over through the sky bridge.



The difference I saw here was the restaurant having a sizable self serving bar ranging from appetizers to desserts. I'd assume there could be a lot of foot traffic during rush time but not for us since people don't usually do AYCE during lunch. There were plenty of side dishes but nothing really stood out. I like the kimchi the most.








For our meal, we had two choices on either $21.99 or $33.99. The major difference were the steak and beef tongue. The $21.99 selection was good enough so we went with that.





Most of our meat were beef based from number 1 to 6. My favorite was the rib finger. It was tender and very juicy after it was cooked. The briskets looked good at first but dry and chewy after cooking.





Overall it was a decent place for AYCE, especially for its location. The service was shitty and hard to get someone even after using the bell on the table. One thing I wanted to mention was the MSG usage. I didn't think Korean BBQ would have the MSG issue but my mouth was so dry hours after our lunch. Probably won't be going back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment