Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Jorge’s Mexican Food - Los Angeles, CA (DTLA)


On one fine morning I was super hungry so I decided to drag work wife to check out Jorge's Mexican Food. The restaurant still had a different name "Antojitos Las Delicias" out front, but there was a standing sign that showed Jorge's Mexican Food. Phew, almost thought I was at the wrong place.



Since it was still early, the restaurant wasn't busy at all. There was only one lady soloing the whole place as cashier and cook. She didn't speak much English but we managed to order and pay just fine.


The most scary part was the menu, it didn't have any price on it and I was like...hmmm...they better allow me to wash dishes if I ordered something outrageous price wise. I went with huevos con nopales.




The food took awhile to come out since it was made to order. Huevos con nopales was basically scrambled eggs with cactus. It also came with corn tortillas, rice and beans that could be substituted with other sides. The beans were surprisingly tasty and the scrambled eggs were good. The cactus was cleaned well and refreshing. It was a solid breakfast for just $7.03 after tax. Work wife got huevos con chorizo and two tacos, they were pretty cheap too.



Overall I enjoyed the food here. It was made fresh and portion was good for the price. I could see myself going back again for other items like quesadillas or tortas.

No comments:

Post a Comment