Monday, November 6, 2017

Sojuya - Cypress, CA


Slave girl gang and I were not impressed with the original hang out spot and we decided to find somewhere else that was more affordable with more selections. Sojuya looked promising and we headed over ASAP.



When we got there, it was busy but not out of the world busy. Then I realized we just missed happy hour, that was probably why. As the night went out, it got packed again at the door.


The first thing I saw when I walked in was the yakitori station. The aroma, the smoke, wait, wasn't I in a Korean bar?


After we sat down, we got free popcorn right away. After we decided on what to get, I was waiting for the server to come back to take our order, and that was when I realized there was a bell on the side of the table for us to call the waiters. My bad, it has been awhile.



Use the bell!

We got dried squid with snack, some yakitori items, a combo special with wings and a pitcher, and spicy seafood soup.

















The dried squid was warm and it came with a mayo spicy sauce to dip. I've never seen mayo in spicy sauce before and that was interesting. The squid came with two pieces and it was great with beer.


The yakitori items were decent. Nothing amazing but definitely got the job done.

Quail egg

Sojuya spicy sauce chicken

Baby scallop bacon

Okra

Sisamo

With the wings, I am not a big fan of Korean style since it is usually wet and sticky, so we asked the sauce on the side. The wings were crunchy outside and juicy inside. The fries was also seasoned and I was pleased with this dish.


The spicy seafood soup was also good. Slave girl didn't care for it, and I think it was because she was getting full. I actually enjoyed it alot. It came with a shrimp, crabs, mussels, clams, and calamari rings. It was a perfect ending for our night.


Overall, I like the food here. The service could be slow at times even after I hit the bell. It didn't bother me much since I could easily hit the bell again if no one showed up after 2 min. I would give credits to those servers because they were seriously all over the place especially when the place was packed. Return visit for sure if we are in OC again.

No comments:

Post a Comment