Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Pho Ga District - Rosemead, CA


I have been to Pho Ga District before and I was pretty impressed with the food and the service. The chicken broth was tasty and it didn't give me cotton mouth after the meal. Moving forward, I had a pretty bad hangover one day and I was craving for chicken broth, so here I was again.



Parking was crazy and hard to find, but lucky for us we got a spot right in front of the restaurant. Service was still good and they made sure our water was always filled. For an Asian owned restaurant, it was actually remarkable.


Since I felt lazy, I decided to go with a large boneless chicken pho this time. The server told me they used medium flat noodles and asked me if that was ok. I wonder if someone has complained about it before, but just the gesture of asking was nice.



When the pho came to the table, I was rather surprised. This was my first time getting it boneless and in my mind, I was thinking more of the same style with the bone in ones, only without the bones. Instead, it came with hand shredded chicken meat. The amount of the meat was probably the same, but just by looking, I felt slave girl got way more meat than me... Grrrr. Unfortunately, it was just not satisfying for me to have small pieces of chicken here and there compared to a chunk of whole meat to chew on.



The major disappointment came after the meal. Remember I said my mouth was not dry after my last visit? Well, my mouth was desert dry after this time and that usually means tons of MSG in my mouth. I was so sad because I really enjoyed the food during my previous visit and I loved the service here. I guess all good things come to an end at some point. The search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment