Thursday, August 10, 2017

Boba Gogo - Rowland Heights, CA


I was in the plaza getting a haircut and couldn't help but smelling deep fried basil on the way out. I have passed this place many times but never tried it.

Well, that stupid basil smell got me.


Seating area at the corner

I ordered a passion fruit slush and a popcorn chicken. The ordering lady was pretty nice but it didn't seem like she speaks much English. If you stick to the numbers, you should be OK.

The slush was done quick with lots of syrup. It was pretty tasty but numbed my tongue shortly after. Still a great treat for hot summer days.


The aroma of the basil and chicken together turns my head every time. This popcorn chicken smelled awesome!  It was actually really sad that I didn't like the taste of the chicken. It felt like it was missing something major but I couldn't pin point on what. There was spice, pepper and salt, hmmmm, maybe not enough salt? It just wasn't satisfying.



I guess there's a reason why I liked the tea place at the nearby Yes plaza. As for this place, probably not again.

No comments:

Post a Comment