Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Black Fig - Los Angeles, CA



After slave girl's first visit to the black fig, she has been trying to get me to check this place out. It was kind out of my way from work but I never turn down offers to hang with slave girl.




We parked on the street by the SciArc building since that was the only parking option. It was a total disaster to find parking during lunch hour due to limited available spots, but since it's free...oh well.


Finding the shop was even harder. We had to walk around the building to the north end, turn left to the back side in order to get to the front door. Once inside, we had to pass security first then walk all the way back to the middle of the building to find the shop. I wasn't complaining because I got to see the students doing their projects and that was interesting.



We ordered black fig burger and pastrami burger. The burgers were huge and flavorful. They seasoned their burger patties but it was not overpowering at all. The portion was huge and I regretted finishing the whole thing in one setting even though it was very satisfying. Funny thing happened with my pastrami burger during the making, the chef realized he made me blue cheese bacon burger instead of pastrami. Chef's solution was either making a new one or stuff bunch of pastrami in the blue cheese bacon burger. Well, hey, stuff it up buddy.

Black fig burger

Modified pastrami burger

The service was fast, friendly and helpful. The food tasted great, especially with the price they charge. They even offered the "secret entrance" for me so I don't have to walk all the way around the building to get in next time. Next time? I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment