Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Ruth’s Chris Steak House - Pasadena, CA


This year slave girl took me to Ruth's Chris for my birthday celebration. I have been to one a looooong time ago in Philly and remembered it being good. I have been craving steaks so it was just perfect.




Located at Pasadena, parking was not easy. We wanted to be cheap so we didn't use valet service at the restaurant. Instead, we parked in the structure across from the restaurant. Let's just say, we might have the parking ticket validated at AMC after our meal...



I remembered the food here were pricey and it was true. I was trying to find a way to maximize my order and I found out they had Ruth's Classic on the menu. For $60, I could get a starter, a main course, a side, and a dessert! Woah, that was way to go!!




For starter, I picked roasted apple and butternut squash salad. It was surprisingly refreshing and the flavors complimented each other. Slave girl got Cesar salad but that was nothing special. She ended up swapping salad with me since it had more flavors to it.

Roasted apple and butternut squash salad

Cesar salad

We also got crab cakes to share since we were told it was good. It was meaty and glazed with butter. Very tasty and I enjoyed it a lot. The only thing I didn't like was how much it cost us, hehe.


For my course, I went hunger mode and got a 16 oz ribeye. The steak came out medium rare just like how I wanted it. I was over joyed that I didn't have to send it back. It was flavorful and all I did was adding a little bit of salt and pepper, good quality meat.

Hers, 12 oz. ribeye

16 oz. ribeye, loving it

Medium rare, cooked right the first time

Different angle, so pretty

The sides were buttery and not healthy at all, but it went well with the steak.

Creamed spinach

Roasted garlic mashed potato

The dessert came with apple crumb cheesecake and vanilla ice cream. Nothing amazing on this one, but I did get one candle on my ice cream.



We picked the wine pairing for $21 and they were very generous about the portion. Highly recommended.




Overall experience was excellent. The food was really good and service was top notch. I couldn't find anything I didn't like about this restaurant and now with Ruth's Classic, I think more frequent visits would happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment