Friday, January 5, 2018

JJ Bakery & Cafe - Temple City, CA


Slave girl told me JJ Bakery opened a cafe in Temple City, and I am a big fan of their Rowland Heights location so naturally I wanted to check out this spot too.



The location had plenty of parking and it was spacious inside. The service was excellent compared to the other location. The lady kept coming to our table and offered soup and water refill. It was hands down the best service among Chinese restaurants.


This location also offered affordable lunch special. It was for sure worth the ordering. I got the pork chop bento set and some beef pies, she got chicken thigh bento set.


The portion for their bento set was huge. With side dishes, rice and soup, it definitely filled me up. I noticed the meat sauce over rice wasn't enough and I asked for more.  No attitude given and I got enough to cover both mine and slave girl's rice. Both meat items were deep fried and still maintained the tender texture. It was tasty indeed. Talking about value, lunch here was successful.

Pork chop bento set

Chicken thigh bento set

Beef pie however was a fail. The dough was chewy and not fully cooked. At the same time, soaked with oil. I wasn't sure why, but they poked the pie before it came to our table so I lost all the juices inside upon receiving. The filling was bland and I was not happy with the beef pies here at all.


Overall it was a pleasant experience. The service was great and the food was worth your bucks. Just don't order beef pies.

No comments:

Post a Comment