Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Pattern Bar - Los Angeles, CA (DTLA)


I was in the mood to try new spots for lunch and invited a work bro to check out Pattern Bar with me. It was crazy that I have never noticed this place before even though I walked pass by it all the time.



It was pretty empty during lunch time when we got there. The server was nice and the drink menu looked good. Sadly drinking during lunch was not allowed for us. Maybe back for happy hour?


The food menu was cafe style and nothing really stood out. I went with carb on carb and ordered cheese truffle macaroni and pesto margherita flatbread pizza.



Cheese and truffle macaroni was topped with bacon, parmesan, and truffle oil. It was unfortunate bland and tasteless even with bacon on top. I wish more truffle oil was used because I could barely smell the truffle. It really wasn't something I cared for after I tried it.


Pesto margherita flatbread had pesto base, topped with mozzarella cheese and tomato on garlic flatbread. No basil anywhere like the menu described. It didn't taste bad, but for the price I paid, it was in a weird shape about the size of my hand, so not worth it.


Overall I was full, but far from satisfied. I may come back again for drinks, but food wise? Way too many other choices around.

No comments:

Post a Comment