Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Pop’s Cafe - Santa Ana, CA


Slave girl forced me to go to Santa Ana with her for an event before the sun came out. After waiting in line for awhile, I got hangry and started to bitch and moan about how life should be better spent at a diner on a weekend morning. That was when Pop's Cafe came to rescue (her).



This old school, Coca Cola themed joint was located in the middle of no where. It was small and cozy inside with bar seats available. The restaurant was so small there was no direct access to the restroom and only reachable through the side alley of the restaurant.




There were breakfast and lunch available on the menu when we got there. They also had daily special but sadly not on the weekends. I went with country fried steak and eggs with a side of Polish sausage, she got corn beef hash with two eggs.




Country fried steak was not bad except a little bland for me. After adding salt it was fine. The eggs were cooked just right. Running yolks and all, perfect with my sourdough toast. The Irish potatoes was interesting since I have never had it before. It was pretty much hash brown with bell peppers, light on the seasonings. I wished my potato was cooked a little longer because it was kind of mushy.



The Polish sausage was a disappointment to me. For $3.75, I got 3 half sausages. There was no difference in flavors compared to a regular sausage. Don't order this side if you like your wallet.


Corn beef hash was good. Nothing fancy but solid. The egg was cooked well and the Irish potatoes also served as tummy filler.



Overall experience was decent. The food portion was huge except my side order. The service could be better especially since we sat at the bar. Our coffee and water were empty for awhile, but they gave us fresh coffee to go upon request after we paid our bill. If I am in the area again, I would go back to try the daily special.

No comments:

Post a Comment