Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Nguyen’s Kitchen - Orange, CA


Foodie friend Charlie and I went to a movie in Orange and when we got out, it was pretty late and we were hungry. After searching around, we found Nguyen's Kitchen with no expectations.





Nguyen's Kitchen was counter service with an open kitchen. It was kind of cool to be able to see how the food was made in front of us. Drinks and sauces were self serve but I didn't like where they we're located. Sauces were tasty and went well with the dish.




Since we were hungry, we went yolo on the food even though it was past 10 pm. I got the grilled pork sandwich and garlic noodles with bulgogi short rib steak. Friend got crawfish pasta and NK chicken wings. We decided to share the food after we ordered.


When I saw the chicken wings, I didn't think it was going to be amazing or anything. However after biting into the wing, I got it. The wings were fried crispy and what really stood out was the green signature sauce. At first it was sweet then the spiciness kicked in. It was a really good utility sauce that can be used in all the dishes here, but I wish it was less sweet.


The grilled pork sandwich was very tasty. Pork was marinated well and not over cooked. It was a basic banh mi with quality meat.


The crawfish pasta was unexpectedly delicious. It had crawfish tails and spicy sausages swimming in tomato cream marinara sauce. It was too bad not much crawfish tails were given, but the flavor was spot on with a tad of spiciness into the dish. The sauce could go well with any kind of seafood no problem.


The garlic noodles came in a little short. The chopped garlic were stuck at one spot so the garlic flavor was not distributed equally and the beef were dry and chewy. It wasn't a horrible dish, but based on what we got for the night, this one would never be ordered again.



Overall experience was very good. The counter service was friendly and personal. The food was mostly good, but I detected MSG somewhere because my mouth was very dry after. I would still return though if I am in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment