Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Panini Kabob Grill - Los Angeles, CA (DTLA)


Ex work wife was leaving the department and she picked Panini Kabob Grill for her going away lunch. I've never heard of this chain restaurant before and I was very interested in going to try their food... I meant, to say my goodbye to ex work wife.



Our group had 20+ people and the restaurant said they didn't take reservations. Instead they asked us to show up at 11 and there shouldn't be any issues. We showed up around 11 and they were right. No issues for the seats and we were seated at two different long tables.



The menu was pretty big but easy to make decisions with. I went with beef koobideh kabob and also ordered a appetizer combo platter to share with my current work wives.






The appetizer platter was designed for 4 people to share. It came with 3 different kinds of hummus, tzatziki, babaganooj, and dolmadas. Long story short, they were bunch of spreads to eat with pita bread and dolmadas is the stuffed grape leaves thing. They were pretty tasty and the portion was indeed shareable.


The beef koobideh kabob had two skewers of ground sirloin and grilled vegetables. We were able to pick the type of rice and salad too for the plate. Our waitress suggested brown rice and romaine avocado salad. The ground sirloin was moist and tasty, very well seasoned. I kind of regret getting brown rice, but it was well cooked. I just think the other rice choice would go better with the dish. The salad was fresh and also seasoned well. Excellent plate.


Overall I really loved the experience here. The wait staff was busting ass making sure our water was always full. They didn't even charge a service fee like most other places with a big group. I enjoyed the food a lot and the portion was just right if not too big. I think we have a winner here!

No comments:

Post a Comment