Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Myung In Dumplings - Diamond Bar, CA


Slave girl was in the mood for dumplings and I was like, Chinese dumplings? Ok. Little do I know, she meant Korean dumplings. That was when we found Myung In.



The restaurant was hard to find from the Colima side, but it was located all the way to the back of the shopping center at the left corner. This was the second location asides from the one in Koreantown and that sounded promising. They also made their dumplings in house for customers to see, it really couldn't get any better than this.



I wasn't sure how English was translated from Korean, but they also called the steamed buns "dumplings". Good thing they had pictures on the menu so I wasn't too lost. We ordered king steamed dumplings with pork and vegetables, spicy beef vegetables soup, and dumpling beef soup.



King steamed dumplings were huge. They were filled with pork and random greens. Very good street food in the dining environment and great filler since I was hungry. Flavor wise was so so. Not very memorable sadly.




Spicy beef and vegetables soup was decent. It wasn't bad tasting but far from my favorite place in downtown LA.



Dumpling beef soup was actually pretty good. The broth was beefy and that helped to enhance the flavor of the dumplings. This was my favorite of the three dishes we ordered.


Overall, it was just alright. Service sucked ass since the lady refused to make eye contact. It was to a point every time I needed something, I had to get up and walked up to the counter to request them, including the check. Food was average at its best, typical comfort food with nothing amazing. Stopping by on the way home for a quick bite would be fine, driving all the way just to have it... not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment