Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Le Petit Paris - Los Angeles, CA (DTLA)


This was our second to last DineLA spot. We were attracted to this restaurant because the menu said, steak!




The restaurant was visually stunning the moment we walked in. Very beautifully decorated. All the wait staff had French accent granted how real they were. I was instantly transformed outside the country and I totally loved it.



I had a chance to see their regular menu and I must say, they weren't cheap. Since we were here for DineLA, I got oxtail terrine for starter and steak onglet as my main course.



Oxtail terrine came with vegetables minestrone, homemade mayonnaise, and garden salad. While they were not needed to enhance the flavor of the terrine, it made the plate pretty. The terrine was very delicious especially after spreading over the complimentary baguette. Baguette was also baked well, soft center with crunchy edge. The appetizer was enjoyable indeed even though the portion was small.



Steak onglet was made with pre-cut hanger steak chunks, piled with wild mushrooms, fingerling potatoes, and crispy shallots. The steak was cooked perfectly and seasoned really well, the only thing I didn't understand was the temperature. I wasn't sure if it was meant to be that way, but it was lukewarm. I have never had steaks prepared like that and I wasn't a big fan.


Overall I enjoyed the experience, but probably wouldn't go back based on the price point, the portion, and that lukewarm steak. If you like fancy dining, this might be a good spot to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment