Thursday, April 5, 2018

Nick + Stef’s Steakhouse - Los Angeles, CA (DTLA)

Old fashioned

I have been to Nick and Stef's many times for happy hour but never stopped by for their normal meal. This was our 4th DineLA spot and I was very excited.




Dry aged casing

So much drools

Nick and Stef's had some really good bartenders and they made my drinks strong and tasty, my kind of bar. For happy hour, all the food was good but what really stood out was the crab cake slider. It seemed small and pricey, but it was the real deal. The slider was packed with lumps of crab meat and seasoned very well. I usually ordered two just for myself and I was happy.



Moscow mule

Mojito

N+S slider

Crab cake slider

For DineLA, we went during lunch time. Slave girl and I both ordered something different so we could try more. We got the mixed kale and Cesar salad, oak grilled salmon, and grilled hanger steak with brussel sprouts and fries. I wanted the steak Oscar style and asked for crab cake with my steak. I know, amateur mistake. When the bill came, I asked the server why I was charged way more for Oscar style. After he explained to me the difference between Oscar style and crab cake, he took it off the bill. Woah, what a service! Sorry buddy, it won't happen again.



Popover

The mixed kale salad was just ok, but the Cesar salad was really good. It was so simple but tasted delicious. We also got a complimentary popover at the start. It was a surprise for me to see the bread being hallow inside, but it tasted good.

Mixed kale salad

Cesar salad

I asked the hanger steak medium rare and it was cooked perfectly. The portion was just right for lunch. No complains at all.


Medium rare, yum


The crab cake, which was the same as the slider but way bigger, came with creamy grain mustard sauce. The sauce was in two different color and tasted different as well. Technically, this dish had 3 flavors including the part without the sauce and each tasted uniquely delicious. It was beautifully presented and worth every penny.



The salmon however was not that great. It was too dry for my taste and I seriously don't know why we ordered this at a steakhouse.



Overall I enjoyed the service and loved the food here. We felt welcomed the moment we stepped in and many more visits in the future from us for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment