Tuesday, August 16, 2016

FORD Presentation at El Coyote Mexican Cafe - Los Angeles, CA


On a fine Monday evening, fatty here got invited to an event to check out El Coyote Mexican Cafe while learning what FORD has been up to lately. I thought the parking was going to be horrible given the location, but upon arrival I found out there was complimentary valet parking. Phew, what a relive.





The event was hosted at the back of the restaurant. On my way to check in at the back, I glanced around the restaurant since it was my first time there. The outside seating area was beautiful and inside of the restaurant was cozy and charming. The bar area looked lively and I think I would return another day after the event.



For the food, we started off with chips and salsa. There were 2 different salsa and both were spicy but yet refreshing. Later we were served with steak and chicken tacos. There were rice, beans, different kinds of salsa and cesar salad to accompany the taco meal. The meat were decently seasoned and tender. I made a chef's cesar salad with what I had and it was yummy.






In the middle of our happy meal, our friendly FORD staff filled us in with what was new and exciting. FORD Motor Company has teamed up with Jose Cuervo to explore the use of the tequila producer’s agave plant byproduct to develop more sustainable bioplastics to use in FORD vehicles. If the companies are successful in developing a composite, it could help reduce vehicle weight and lower energy consumption, while reducing the use of petrochemicals and shrinking the environmental footprint of vehicle production. FORD and Jose Cuervo are testing the bioplastic for use in vehicle interior and exterior components such as wiring harnesses, HVAC units and storage bins. Now, that's some exciting news for both the environment and the car industry!






Before the night ended, I had exclusive tasting on some desserts that was inspired by the materials that would be used by FORD to improve their vehicle productions. I especially enjoyed Strawberries with tequila passion fruit cream and kenaf leaves. All and all, great event that combined what I love the most, food, and a chance to see what FORD was trying to do to make the world a better place.



No comments:

Post a Comment