Friday, June 22, 2018

Pho 87 - Los Angeles, CA (Chinatown)


Sometimes I just have the cravings for pho. Sadly around my work, all the pho places were Korean owned and something just didn't taste right. Work wife told me there was a pho place in Chinatown and it was operated by Vietnamese. Oh yes Pho 87, here I come!



Yo bro, why you gotta look at me like that?

The restaurant had a small lot in the back and it was usually packed. Street parking was also available and I haven't had any issues finding parking so far. After I walked in, I saw this giant pool of kois swimming inside. I was wondering if they served any seafood on the menu, but I guess the fish was for display only.




The menu seemed huge but really it was just pho, rice dish, and vermicelli with different parts of meat. I decided to go with #2, super bowl beef combo. We also got egg rolls and spring rolls to share.





The spring rolls and egg rolls were okay. Nothing special about it.



The pho was huge! Their large was enough to feed two people with no problem. The broth was much better than the Korean owned places, but comparing to other pho places, it was just ok. One of the beef in the bowl was also very fatty and chewy. It would have been easier to spit it out than trying to swallow it.


Overall it was just alright. Considering its location, I was grateful since no other good phos around the area. At least now I know where to go if I crave for pho again. Cash only.

1 comment:

  1. This place is a gem in this wasteland of small bars. Came to event space San Francisco here on a Saturday night around 9:30, not too crowded at that time. Ordered 2 beers and fries and the total was around $16.

    ReplyDelete