Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Tamaen Japanese BBQ - Lomita, CA


I love Japanese food but I have not yet tried Japanese BBQ. Lucky for us who live in Los Angeles, we have tons of culture and tons more of authentic foreign food. We found Tamaen.



I was pretty excited when we got here. For one they had Japanese wagyu showcasing right by the doorway, and for two they were using charcoals in their grill.






After looking through the menu, we decided to go with $85 American wagyu set and Tamaen pancake as our filler.









The set got to the table first. I don't know if it was me, but the service here was not very Japanese at all. They dropped everything on the table and never came back to check on us again. Getting water was extremely difficult. It was our first time here, and it would have been nice for them to explain how to grill the meat correctly since I didn't want to screw up the cow from Japan. Oh well, I figured it out anyway so whatever. The meat quality was excellent with all the marbles, no disappointment at all. The only thing we didn't care for was the beef sushi. It wasn't bad, but we just didn't have the woah experience with that one.

The $85 set


















Beef sushi, one raw, one lightly seared

The pancake was surprisingly tasty. It had leek, squid, kimchi, and eggs on top. Pretty good filler.


Overall I loved the food here, but not so much with the service. The place was pricey so it would be hard to go back to often. A small bowl of rice cost us $2, was the rice made out of gold?! Them bastards know we have to have rice with the beef. I am glad I finally got to try Japanese BBQ. What's your favorite?


No comments:

Post a Comment