Thursday, August 17, 2017

My Vi Mi Gia - Garden Grove, CA


I was meeting a friend I haven't seen in awhile for lunch. She's Vietnamese and she promised to take me for some authentic stuff in the area, that's how we ended up here.



She said the service was usually very bad to a point her family would just order the food to go. Strange enough, that was not the case when we got there. We were seated and order was taken right away. I even got a refill for water! Maybe I am likable? Haha.



So I was told they are famous for their number 13, beef white noodles (beef stew) and of course that was what I ordered. Then of course they would tell us they actually didn't have them for that day 5 minutes after the order was taken. So instead, I got #9 house special dry noodles and also a duck leg on the side.





The food did take forever to come out. The noodles reminded me the noodles from slave girl's hood but not as flavorful. Don't get me wrong, I still tasted msg but major flavors were missing. This is what I got for eating Chinese noodles in the Vietnamese hood.

The sauce was missing the punch!

MSG water

I was actually surprised about the duck leg. It came in a separate bowl with different broth and it was not BBQ. I enjoyed the flavor of the broth and the duck was pretty good. I actually liked this better than the noodles I ordered.


Overall experience was meh. It wasn't bad but definitely not memorable. I think I will have to make her taking me to a different spot next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment