Sunday, June 25, 2017

Natalie Peruvian Seafood Restaurant - Los Angeles, CA


Slave girl and I were meeting a friend for dinner. Originally we were going to go to the Thai restaurant next door but I remembered I was there not long ago so I changed our destination at last minute to Natalie Peruvian.



When I walked in I was pretty excited because they accepted credit cards, yes! There was a table of 10 inside already and only one person working the front of the restaurant. Needless to say, the service wasn't amazing but I could see she was trying hard even though she could come off as rude here and there.


Slave girl loves lomo saltado but I guess she also wanted shrimp, so she got mar y tierra. I ordered tallarin saltado especial a la Natalie. We also ordered a ceviche mixto to share with the table.




First we got some free bread, butter, and aji sauce. Oh man, the aji sauce was super with its silky smooth texture and bold spicy flavor.


Green crack sauce

The ceviche mixto was made with fish, shrimp, squids and octopus cooked in lemon juice and Peruvian spices, then topped with marinated onions. The flavor was spot on and any more citrus would have ruined the dish. I will have to try just the fish next time.

Ceviche mixto

Both mine and salve girl's dishes used similar ingredients and seasoning. The only difference was the rice/fries vs pasta noodles. The meat quality was decent and the flavor was great. Both dishes would be recommended as well.

Mar y tierra

Tallarin saltado especial a la Natalie

So far I have tried six Peruvian restaurants in LA and this one was on the top 3 list. Flavor was good, portion was decent. The service was not great but the girl got the job done. I would come back for the food again.

No comments:

Post a Comment